This week we’re excited to give you the first look at our new logo! CitizenCity is refreshing its look with a new logo that helps tell the story of our work as a Social Impact business development firm.
Ryan & Ben
The logo represents different perspectives, curiosity and creativity. CitizenCity’s work is hands-on, helping to untangle problems and explore new solutions to drive Social Impact and business growth. This requires an openness to new perspectives and creativity. Additionally, the placement of the logo represents how CitizenCity exponentially accelerates our clients’ ability to achieve their Social Impact and business development goals.
The logo also points to a larger theme: From what we’ve observed, organizations’ Social Impact awareness and initiatives are exploding. More and more nonprofits, for-profits and social enterprises are pursuing not only financial success but also meaningful change to the world’s most critical challenges. If collectively we’re going to make real progress on seemingly intractable social, economic and environmental problems, than our commitment to equity and justice needs to collide with our openness to search for new perspectives and embrace creativity.
We hope you enjoy the new look as we continue to share Pittsburgh’s latest Social Impact news with you each week!
Fired up, ready to go.
THE WEEKLY DOSE OF GOOD
- 11/13 @ 5:30PM | “Beyond the Wall” Film Screening | The Pittsburgh Foundation invites you to join a special film screening of “Beyond the Wall,” which brings to light the reality of post-incarceration by telling the stories of five formerly incarcerated men who are attempting to rebuild their lives after prison.
- 11/14 @ 6:00PM | Civic Dinner: Social Impact & Investing | The Green Building Alliance invites you to an intimate dinner where you'll build new friendships with impact-driven colleagues & engage in challenging discussions with Joshua Pollard (CEO and Founder of Omicelo) & Rich Overmoyer (President & CEO of Fourth Economy) on the topics of impact investing & community development.
- 11/15 @ 7:30AM | THINC30: Explore a Purpose-Driven Economy in Pittsburgh | Covestro invites you to the THINC30 – a summit on transforming, harnessing, innovating, navigating & collaborating for a purpose-driven, sustainable future by 2030 where attendees will learn about the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals & discuss how these goals can implemented in the Pittsburgh region.
- 11/15 @ 8:30AM | Reimagining Career Readiness: A Regional Showcase | Join Remake Learning & education innovators for a special convening where stakeholders will imagine & catalyze new innovations & partnerships to collectively move the dial on the critical education & career readiness issues that youth face in the Pittsburgh region.
- 11/15 @ 9:00AM | My Brother's Keeper Feedback Session | The Heinz Endowments & The Sprout Fund invite community stakeholders & young men of color to take an active role in the community-based planning process by joining these feedback sessions & helping to determine the most pressing issues currently facing MBK as well as to uncover the future path of MBK in the region.
- 11/15 @ 9:30AM | Fund The Housing Opportunity Fund Now! | Join Pittsburgh UNITED at this week’s City Council meeting to show your public support & call for a Council vote in 2017 for the critical legislation that will create the Housing Opportunity Fund – a public fund that will generate $10 million per year to help solve the city's housing crisis.
- 11/15 @ 6:00PM | Social Innovation Panel: Pittsburgh Good Neighbors | The University of Pittsburgh’s Innovation Institute invites Pittsburgh’s Social Impact professionals to a conversation with four of the region’s leading mission-driven enterprises where they will share the perils & triumphs of building businesses striving for profitability & social change.
- 11/16 @ 5:30PM | SVP Full Circle Impact Accelerator Happy Hour | Social Venture Partners Pittsburgh invites you to join their fall Happy Hour where you will meet the current cohort of nonprofits in the Full Circle Impact Accelerator as well as grab drinks with 100+ of Pittsburgh’s leading Social Impact professionals.
- 11/17 @ 9:30AM | Scalable Innovation Expo | Innovation Works invites you join a morning workshop that will engage local manufacturers & supply chain partners who are committed to working together to collectively re-energize the region’s manufacturing ecosystem in a way that powers a new wave of economic development that benefits all people.
- 11/17 @ 6:00PM | Dr. Beverly Daniel Tatum Event | Join the PRIDE Program for an evening of enlightenment, dialogue & exploration of issues of race & young children in America with Dr. Tatum - the renowned researcher & author of the acclaimed book “Why Are All the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria?”
- Coro Pittsburgh 2018 MLK Innovation Leadership Award – Call for Nominations | Coro Pittsburgh has launched the call for nominations for a new award that will recognize a person whose new impact-driven venture, groundbreaking or transformational idea serves as an example to inspire innovation & leadership in their region or sector. Nominations due December 4. Learn more!
- Looking for the Next Big Idea Under the Fort Duquesne Bridge | Riverlife is seeking artists, designers, architects & other creative professionals to design & implement a temporary public installation under the Fort Duquesne Bridge that will help make Pittsburgh’s riverfronts cleaner, safer & more engaging to all residents.
- Hello Neighbor Refugee Mentorship Program – Application Launch | Hello Neighbor, the Pittsburgh-based organization that teaches local residents about refugee resettlement & connects them with resettled refugees in their neighborhood, is accepting applications from local residents for their 2018 Cohort of Refugee Mentors. Applications due November 19. Learn more!
- Ascender Incubator – Call for Applications | Ascender, a leading nonprofit that helps drive the growth of entrepreneurs & startup of all kinds in the Pittsburgh region, has launched the call for applications to for-profits & nonprofits interested in engaging in their 2018 incubation program. Applications accepted thru January 5. Learn more!
- TEDxPittsburgh – Call for Ideas 2018 | TEDxPittsburgh, the region’s convener of ideas worth sharing, has launched a call for nominations for local speakers, short filmmakers & performers who you feel have an idea and message that should take center stage at TEDxPittsburgh 2018. Applications close December 1. Learn more!
- Featured Read – Does Your Organization Have an Impact Culture? | The good folks at Social Impact Architects just published a thoughtful piece that details specific tactics that your organization can implement to build an organizational impact culture that is energized by data & curious to learn as well as willing to take deliberate action & embrace change. Learn more!
- ioby – Request for Ideas | ioby (stands for ‘in our backyards’), an online platform that helps you crowdfund for projects that impact your neighborhood while simultaneously building relationships with your neighbors, has launched a request for project ideas that will directly benefit residents of Pittsburgh. Learn more!
- 5A Youth PeaceBuilders Institute | Youth (grades 6-8) & parents are invited to join 5A Elite Youth Empowerment’s launch of the PeaceBuilders Institute on November 18 where they will learn effective tools to create political will as well as develop the skills needed to proactively reshape the way individuals, families, communities & institutions react to trauma. Learn more!
Like what you see? Follow us on Twitter and encourage others to sign-up for the TWDG at http://citizencity.org/twdg. Do you have an event, opportunity or article that you'd like to see highlighted? Just email firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Allegheny County Department of Human Services – Chief Technology Officer | Allegheny County DHS seeks to hire a CTO to lead government technology strategy, manage an annual tech budget of $20 million & lead initiatives to create products that enable a diverse group of end users, from child welfare caseworkers to homeless shelter staff more effectively meet their goals. Apply today!
- American Civil Liberties Union of Pennsylvania – Pittsburgh Volunteer Coordinator | ACLU-PA, the nonprofit nonpartisan public interest organization dedicated to defending the personal freedoms protected by the Constitution, seeks to hire a part-time staff person to mobilize the rapidly growing influx of new volunteers who are energized to protect civil liberties in Pittsburgh. Apply today!
- Women’s Center & Shelter – Legal Advocacy Manager | The Women’s Center of & Shelter, which annually offers comprehensive domestic violence services to 5,000 adult & child survivors of domestic violence in the region, seeks to hire a staff person to oversee daily operations of the Legal Advocacy Program, including case management, evaluation & training. Apply today!
- City of Asylum – Director of External Relationships | City of Asylum, a Pittsburgh-based nonprofit that defends creative freedom by providing sanctuary to endangered literary writers, seeks to hire a new staff member to design & lead a new financial growth & fundraising strategy as well as to serve as a representative to the greater cultural, philanthropic & business communities. Apply today!
- New Sun Rising – Director of Opportunity | New Sun Rising, a nonprofit that empowers innovative people & organizations that create economic opportunity & solve social challenges, seeks to hire a Director of Opportunity who will be responsible for working hands-on with established socially-focused businesses & nonprofit projects to scale their impact & financial success. Apply today!
- Innovation Works – Startable Program Associate | Innovation Works, which accelerated the success rate of the region’s tech companies & manufacturers by providing expertise, investment & hands-on support, seeks to hire a staff person to help redefine the strategy & curriculum for Startable – a program that teaches local students (ages 16-18) entrepreneurship & maker skills. Apply today!
- BNY Mellon – Senior Corporate Social Responsibility Analyst | BNY Mellon seeks to hire a staff person who will report to the Global Head of Corporate Social Responsibility & Social Investing & be responsible for conducting & synthesizing research & analysis related to peers, clients, CSR rating/ranking firms & CSR strategy. Apply today!
- Allies for Children – Health Policy Coordinator | Allies for Children, a bold voice for policy & practice changes to improve the lives of children in Allegheny County, seeks to hire a staff person to advance the organization’s health policy agenda, including leading coalitions striving to improve the child health as well as monitoring & responding to legislative & administrative policy proposals. Apply today!
- Union Project – Administrative Services Manager | Union Project, a hub for creativity & community development, seeks to hire a new lead staff person to reshape & manage all daily operations, facility management & space rental for their art studios, community venue & shared work space. Apply today!